.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

June 16, 2005

Kidvergence?

Everyone's talking about gaming convergence these days. Sony & Microsoft waging the "battle for the living room," with the PS3 & Xbox360 butting horns as they prepare for their big debuts, cell phones are being hurried along toward their own tipping point of gaming popularity, and the Sony PSP is fixin' to be the latest & greatest "iPod killer."

*yawn*

Whoops! Sorry. Wrong blog. I guess this doesn't have much to do with video games for kids, does it? Luckily, this does...

We took the kids to the Printer's Row Book Fair in Chicago over the weekend.



For us, the main reason for the trek downtown was Justin Roberts (one of my kids' favorite musicians - he's the one in the green shirt). After making sure the kids were well fortified with free popsicles, I finally looked up at the stage, where something yellow and almost completely round caught my eye.






Ladies & gentlemen, may I present... the one, the only, the Pac-Man Guitar

Cool... So What?

So... this (not just the guitar, but the fact that it was being played by Justin Roberts' guitar player) was my inspiration for a soon-to-be-unveiled mini-feature on GameFam. This blog is (and will be) all about helping parents find good video games for kids (please read original "What's a GameFam, and Why Should I Care?" post for more). But while I'm here, I thought it would also be cool to share the musicians & authors that make my kids happy. As much time as I put in to find good games for the kids, that's how much time my wife puts in to researching children's music & books. Personal taste being what it is, there's no guarantee that you'll love everything, but I'm guessing you'll like a bunch of it. I won't be reviewing them the way I'll be reviewing the games. It'll be more of a list of my kids' favorites, with a quick 1-2 sentence thumbnail about each of 'em. FYI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home