.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

August 07, 2005

Read It Again, Daddy!

I finally added some links to cool kids books (on the right sidebar, between "Music" & "DVD").

Sure, I could also have linked to classic authors like P.D. Eastman, Ezra Jack Keats, A.A. Milne, H.A. Rey, Maurice Sendak, Dr. Seuss, Shel Silverstein, etc.

But most parents of young kids already know about those authors, because we were raised on their books when we were kids. Also, it would have made the list way too long and annoying.

The current list consists of the authors whose books we've been reading to our kids for the last few years. Some are well known (e.g. Rosemary Wells), and some less so, but they're all really good.

As I wrote back in June, my wife gets the credit for finding these new potential classics. She flipped through the pages of many mediocre books to find ones she know our kids would love.

One of these days I'll get around to writing a little about all the links I put up, book & non-book alike. Unfortunately, today isn't that day. :o( Sorry. For now, though, I listed our favorite books for every author in the links. Once I actually write about them, I'll just leave their names up.

In the meantime, go check out the books, and have fun reading them to your kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home