.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

May 15, 2006

TWTWTW

That Was The Week That Was, indeed.



Back from E3, with a ton of good stuff to share.

And what a difference a year makes. Last year, I went stag as a video games lecturer looking for a friend. This year, I went as a member of the GameDAILY editorial staff, and I got outstanding access to most of the publishers and developers, who showed me some terrific games for kids that will be released in the coming months.

The 2 best things about this setup were...

1) I didn't have to waste half of my time standing in line, and when I did have to wait to play the Nintendo Wii, it was only for 45 minutes, instead of 5-6 hours. As a result, I had that much more time to play and preview games.



2) Most of the people who demoed the games for me were producers, which is kinda cool, since that's exactly what I want to do. So my plan for E3 2007 is to be demoing games for the press my damn self (even though I fully plan to keep writing for GameFam for a good long time - note to self: double check blogging policy for company that hires me). Wish me luck!

FYI, my next GameDAILY Family column will run Thursday, when I'll reveal my E3 2006 Dad's Choice Awards (a.k.a. The FammysTM).

Before then, I'm sure I'll post some other stuff as well, but I have to sort out all the gaming goodness first.

You excited? Gosh golly, I sure am.

2 Comments:

  • Hey wizardru,

    I spent about 3 hours (across 2 days) playing games on the Wii. I'll write in greater detail in the next week or 2, and my GameDAILY article will post tomorrow afternoon (I'm writing it now), but as a gamer and as a parent, I was mightily impressed.

    By Blogger Dan, at 12:44 PM  

  • To the dismay abercrombie of the empire, teenagers whose parents have cut back on their allowances may be coming to a recessionary revelation:Paying $90 for torn jeans isn't that cool anymore.While other retailers are responding to the downturn with red-lined price tags and tempting promotions, upscale Abercrombie & Fitch isn't budging on its price points. This scarf, for example, will still cost you $58. The company is fiercely protecting its image as a "premium" brand, and, as a result, it's getting snubbed big time by its once cultlike, ever-loyal fan base abercrombie

    By Blogger love-up-you, at 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home