.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

September 14, 2006

Wii Wanted It Cheaper & Earlier

Nintendo's new Wii console will be released in North America for $250 on November 19.



At $200, I was definitely planning to pre-order a Wii.
At $250, I'm not so sure.

$200 would have been far and away the cheapest next-gen console launch price, but $250 is a hop, skip & jump from Xbox 360 core territory.

I know, it's not about the technology with Nintendo; it's about the gaming experience, and I support that wholeheartedly. But while I'm sure we'll love the Wii when we eventually get it, the game we want most - Super Mario Galaxy - won't release until next year anyway.

Bottom line, I haven't made any irrevocable decisions here. But for the time being, color me ambivalent.

2 Comments:

  • I'm still getting it. ZELDA, DUDE! Ok, call me crazy, but to be one of the first people to experience Zelda with the wii-mote? Hell yes, I will spend $300 for that, and not flinch. That and Metroid Prime 3. If this were just any old console like the 360 or the PS3, then sure, wait until next year or whatever. But the Wii is something fresh, something new, and hopefully something great. I am willing to be a guinea pig on this just to be one of the first consumers who experiences what may become a new standard in console gaming interaction.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 AM  

  • I'll definitely get a Wii at some point. The only question if it's on Day 1. As my regular readers are probably aware, I'm a highly price-sensitive customer, and I've never pre-ordered a game console in my life. For $200, I would have broken a lifelong personal financial taboo. For $250, I'm waffling.

    By Blogger Dan, at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home