.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

June 06, 2006

Inventory

In the words of Mayor Carmine DePasto's criminally precocious daughter in Animal House**, I "got a lotta catching up to do."

For various reasons, none of them good, I have a backlog of games that my kids and I have played, that I have yet to review. Maybe it's because I couldn't think of the cleverest lead or pithiest ending. I'm not sure what my excuse is.

Although I occasionaly review games that aren't exactly new releases, I usually write about a game soon after we play it. In this case, however, there are games that we played a long time ago (e.g. Finding Nemo - not so hot, BTW) that I haven't touched yet.

Well, it's enough already. In addition to my normal, GameDAILY-driven review schedule of post-E3 previews (e.g. Cars) and longer, usually-review-based columns (e.g. Rhythm Games) on alternating weeks, I'm going to do my best to clear out the warehouse.

I may call 'em mini-reviews, thumbnail reviews, or just plain reviews. Time will tell. They'll probably be pretty short, and I can't promise that every one of these reviews will be the most scintillating writing in the world, but I may well go back and punch up the reviews down the road. With all the games we've played recently, not to mention all the new games on the horizon, there's no excuse for not ticking a 2-year-old game off my checklist.

Allrighty, then.


** Speaking of Animal House, I'm feeling pretty old these days. Every once in a while on one of the message boards I frequent (e.g. Cheap Ass Gamer, Chicago Bulls, etc.), someone will write, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" And invariably, that poster will get bombarded with a horde of attackers, raking him over the coals for not knowing history. "Germans?" they write, amazed at his stupidity, "It was the Japanese, you dumbass. Owned!!!" (isn't it enough already with the ownage, btw?). I realize that Animal House was made almost 30 years ago (holy crap), but isn't that one of the classics? Part of the canon that parents should be handing down to their kids before they shuffle off to college? Compared to today's debauchery, a dead, soon-to-be-chainsawed horse in the dean's office seems downright innocent, doesn't it?

4 Comments:

  • Mom and dad made dead sure I could recognize an Animal House quote from 500 yards. Don't lose hope, man!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

  • Awright! Hope for the future! ;)

    By Blogger Dan, at 7:16 AM  

  • Oh, and thanks for stopping by, San Diego.

    By Blogger Dan, at 7:18 AM  

  • The ability and hard work that you pitch is totally in your hands. pandora jewelry Let me tell you, in the end the internet is the best way to promote your magazine, and to get your sales up. You will be able to conserve a lot of money. pandora jewelry You can launch your sales words, promotional and discounted offers, and subscription duty, all through message. It facility faster, pandora jewelry better and is very cost operative . Use all these and win star. The trend for jewel figure always trust swiftness with the create. pandora jewelry Coloring gems and metals blend exquisitely, and echo the vogue of clothes, which are extremely colorful and various. Such the coincidence shows people a cast new world inclusive of light and shade.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home