.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

June 10, 2006

June 9th?!?!?!?!?

Yesterday was the last day of school for my kids, and my wife and I picked 'em up together, with a little surprise. Instead of heading straight home like we usually do, we brought 'em lunch...

...and tickets to the opening day matinee of Cars.

When I held up the tickets and asked if they knew what they were for, my daughter asked hesitantly, "wait, what's today's date?"

"June 9th," I replied.

"June 9th?!?!?!?!?" they both screamed in ecstatic unison.

Apparently, they knew from the massive Cars marketing/advertising/merchandising barrage that June 9th was the opening day for Pixar's new film, because they nearly collapsed in a puddle of euphoria.

Short story shorter, we ate our picnic lunch and then enjoyed the show. While Cars isn't an instant classic like Toy Story 2, we all liked it a good little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home