.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

June 29, 2005

New Feature: THUMBNAIL REVIEWS

Are you impatient?
I sure am.

Do you hate waiting?**
I sure do.

Especially when it comes to waiting for information I need.

That said, I've decided to add a new feature. While I'll still do full-length reviews of video games for kids every few weeks or so, I'm going to start doing quick thumbnail (1-2 paragraph) reviews much more often.

That way, you won't have to wait 2 weeks to find out about a new game. There are so many games that we've already played & enjoyed together, and while I didn't just want to throw a list of game links up on the right side of the page, I didn't want to feel like I was "holding out" on the parents out there who need a variety of choices more than they need a Magna Carta-length review. So I figured this was a good compromise. I'm all about kaizen. :o)

I'll try to post the first few thumbnail reviews in the next day or two, then keep chugging from there.

Cool?

EDIT (7/3): After some quiet reflection, thumbnail reviews (as described in this post - 1-2 paragraphs) are no more, but the default length of my future reviews will be approximately the length of the SpongeBob review, which is approx. 10-12 paragraphs.

---------------------------------------

** FYI, that's a quote from The Princess Bride.

Inigo Montoya: I donna suppose you could espeed things up?
Westley: If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
Inigo Montoya: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only only waiting around to kill you.
Westley: That does put a damper on our relationship.
Inigo Montoya: But, I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
Man in Black: That's VERY comforting, but I'm afraid you'll just have to wait.
Inigo Montoya: I hate waiting. I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
Man in Black: No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
Inigo Montoya: Isn't there any way you trust me?
Man in Black: Nothing comes to mind.
Inigo Montoya: I swear on the soul of my father, Domingo Montoya, you will reach the top alive. Man in Black: Throw me the rope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home