.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

July 03, 2005

Please Pardon Our Dust During Construction

Upon further review, what I briefly called "thumbnail reviews" (e.g. the Spongebob review I did a couple days ago), will now be the default length of my game reviews.

They may occasionally be longer (as needed, on a review-by-review basis), but for the time being, this length should be about right.

I tried to make a "thumbnail review" 1-2 paragraphs, but I took so much time deciding which 1-2 paragraphs to boil it down to, that it stopped making sense as the way to do reviews more quickly.

So basically, I'm splitting the difference between too long and too short, to arrive at what I hope is a happy medium.

As a result, I'll be focusing less on painstakingly explaining all of the ins & outs of each game (as I did with the Dog's Life review), and more on the big picture (e.g. Is it fun? Is it appropriate? What parts of the game did the kids enjoy most? etc.).

Sorry for all the tweaking, but in these first few weeks of GameFam's existence, I want to make this as useful a tool as possible for parents, so I have to try some things on for size before I arrive at the final incarnation.

Feel free to chip in with feedback as whether or not you like the changes.

1 Comments:

  • When you say "longer reviews," I assume you mean SpongeBob-long, and not Dog's Life-long, since you're saying it's good news. Did I understand you right?

    I agree about the roaming, and I didn't know about the Lego Star Wars parents manual. Thanks! :o)

    By Blogger Dan, at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home