.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

October 22, 2006

Back To Work

Ah, the end of a great weekend hanging out with my wife and kids.

A little reading books, a little crazy eights, a little Toy Story Monopoly, a little "tackle Daddy", and of course, a little LEGO Star Wars II. The full version of the game arrived on Saturday, and we've all been enjoying a great gaming adventure together.

Tomorrow begins another week of work, and not only do I work on games once I get to EA Chicago's offices, but I also spread the gaming gospel during my commute. On the days when I don't get up early to go to the gym, a friend gives me a ride, and naturally, we sit together on the Metra train.

The first time we shared a ride a few weeks ago, I pulled out my Nintendo DS Lite (or Fruit Loop DS), for a little gaming joy. Intrigued, my friend asked me some questions about this little hinged wonder, and after answering them, I asked if he wanted to take a swing at Big Brain Academy.

Fast forward to the day after tomorrow, the next time we share a commute. My friend will decide whether he wants to ignite his competitive fires, to see if his brain is heavier than mine (Big Brain Academy), or just relax with a little Ms. Pac-Man action.

Either way, it's all good. And I while my friend is a perfectly happy person with a terrific family, it's always nice to see other folks from my generation getting reacquainted with the joys of gaming, one train ride at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home