.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

March 25, 2006

GDC Recap: Overwhelmed

Here I sit back home with my wife and kids (yay!), barely 24 hours after the 2006 Game Developers Conference ended, and I'll be damned if I can make sense of it all in a single post.

GDC veterans may be amused by my wide-eyed newbie enthusiasm, but between the people, the games, the knowledge, the cameraderie, and yes, even the ranting, my first GDC was an amazing experience.

As a result, over the next several days, I'm going to break down my GDC recap into a bunch of smaller posts. For example:

  • The many kid-friendly games (to be followed by mini-reviews of the games, after my kids and I play them together)
  • The violence in games panel discussion
  • The keynote addresses (Sony, Nintendo, Will Wright)
  • The Pride & Prejudice game design workshop
  • Career repercussions
  • The industry icons, future icons, and generally swell folks I met at GDC...and at the airport
  • The GDC schwag report
...plus any more interesting nuggets or tidbits I can think of.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home