.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

December 17, 2006

Thanks, geoGreeting!

Because of the demanding hours of my job at EA Chicago, I'm not always at home when my kids go to bed. :(

For the first couple of months, I called and wished them a good night before my wife tucked 'em in, but that wonderfully quiet (usually) parent-child intimacy - that feeling of connection, love and protection, was understandably missing.

For the last week and a half or so, I saw a cool-looking app when browsing through digg, and it's changed this dynamic completely.

As I listen on the phone, my kids click on the link from the geoGreeting I e-mailed them, and I can hear them reading the letters and trying to decipher my message in real-time. I have a lot of fun thinking up fun messages to send, whether from books, games, movies, songs, inside jokes, etc., and they love discovering the new surprise message from Daddy - so much so that they miss getting their e-mail on the nights when I'm home.

It ain't the same as being there, but it definitely restored some of the connection that had been missing.

It's pretty cool, and I highly recommend it for parents who can't always be there at bedtime. In the meantime, give it a try, why dontcha?

1 Comments:

  • You're welcome, and glad you like it!
    - geoGreeting guy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home