.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

GameFam

December 18, 2006

The GameFam 2006 "D'oh!-There's-Only-1-Week-Left" Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide

If you've been keeping up with my recent posts, you know that there's no way that I can duplicate last year's GameFam Holiday Gift Guide. This one ain't gonna be nearly as comprehensive, well-organized, or visually delicious as the 2005 version.

So here are the games I recommend for your young kids this year. I'll link to the ones I've already reviewed, and I'll try to add some detail as the week goes on, but no promises.

3 Comments:

  • I went back and forth on Rayman RR for a while. The mini-games are indeed delightfully silly and great for kids. I played a little at work during lunch (pretty cool to work with so many people who also love games).

    The only thing that gave me pause was that what I saw of the story that strings the mini-games together was pretty dark and potentially scary for young kids. But if you've seen more of it and can vouch for it not being such an issue, than that would definitely put it back onto the list.

    We haven't played the newest Bookworm game yet, but we've played other ones in the past and the kids liked 'em.

    At E3, I liked Elebits for its potential, but I haven't seen enough of it to put it on the list yet.

    By Blogger Dan, at 9:16 AM  

  • You should take a look at Toblo

    It's a capture-the-flag game which is very kid friendly. Just got nominated in this year's IGF

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 PM  

  • Oh...

    Forgot to mention that Toblo is free and can be downloaded from their website.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home